• Outstanding leadership opportunity
• Help shape the future of rural industries
• Wagga Wagga
With the relocation of the Rural Industries Research and Development Corporation (RIRDC) to Wagga Wagga, an exciting opportunity has been created to join this small team and be an integral part of developing a new direction for the business.
RIRDC is a statutory corporation established by the Australian Government to work with industries to invest in research, development and extension for a more profitable, sustainable and dynamic rural sector. RIRDC‘s broad range of programs include emerging opportunities and issues, aiming to achieve value for rural industries and Australia.
As a member of the leadership team, the General Manager – Business & Finance will report to the Managing Director and work closely with the Board and other key stakeholders, including Industry organisations, other RDCs and government. The General Manager will provide leadership, direction and management of RIRDC’s financial investments and business operations, including a ‘hands on’ approach to the management of all finance and corporate functions incorporating audit, risk, IT, HR, contracts and agreements, property and facilities management, payroll and accounting.
The General Manager will play an integral part in identifying, initiating and negotiating commercial opportunities. They will ensure that all governance and compliance requirements are upheld and meet all internal and external reporting requirements.
The General Manager will possess the following skills and experience:
• Excellent political and business acumen
• Identify new business opportunities /strategic alliances and negotiate commercial outcomes
• Excellent stakeholder management skills and the ability to achieving collaborative results across a small diverse organisation
• A flexible and adaptive approach, comfortable with an evolving work environment
• Demonstrated record of initiative, problem solving and adaptability.
This position is an exciting and challenging opportunity to provide leadership, direction and management of RIRDC’s finance and business operations, and in helping to shape the future of rural industries.
For confidential enquiries and for a copy of the position description (including selection criteria), please phone Mick Hay 07 3878 3411 or David Compton 02 9006 1214 or apply via www.rimfireresources.com.au